Yes, it deserves a blog entry of its own. Apparently, when you're invited to play in a baccarat tournament...
i.e., Mr. Monkey and yours truly) in the "regular" part of the Wynn is just not good enough. Enter the vaunted Tower Suites.
Steve Wynn himself (and his two small dogs -- they looked like a long-haired dachsund and a grayish poofy poodle-like dog) when we left the Tower Suites earlier today to pick up Mr. Monkey's brother, sister-in-law, and niece from the airport. Steve was tan and smiling. He entered the doors, as we exited. Mr. Monkey remarked, "That is the richest guy I've ever seen that close in person, but those sure were some wimpy dogs." I am sad that my iPhone was not poised and ready to capture this encounter.
Mr. Monkey's dad's suite is the definition of living large. Literally. The place has more square footage than our condo and overlooks the many hotel pools. Mr. Monkey's brother, sister-in-law, and niece are staying in the adjoining room of the suite. These pictures don't really show just how enormous this place was.
(1) The Tower Suites have chocolate brown walls, whereas the regular resort rooms are decked in orange.
(2) The Tower Suites have higher ceilings.
(3) The Tower Suites have more bathroom freebies and in larger sizes, as well as a boatload of free beverages and snacks.
(4) The Tower Suites' living areas are decorated with Picasso prints, whereas the regular resort rooms only have Warhol prints.
(5) The Tower Suites have a private entrance, private valet, and a restaurant within its confines.
Notwithstanding these differences, we're still very very happy in our free "regular" room, which kicks our own master bedroom's ass. After romping about most of the day, I've been relaxing and enjoying the awesome room for a little over an hour now. Soon, it'll be time to get ready for our show tonight....