Almost 30 local peeps interested in meeting = Party Time!
My co-worker Pescado pointed out that half of my hits probably come from men with an Asian fetish and that at least one visitor is probably a homicidal cannibal. In light of this, I must institute a few pre-party safety precautions for the good of all party people.
If you satisfy one or more of the criteria below, you're golden:
(1) We have met in real life or have communicated on e-mail.
(2) You are on my blogroll (i.e., "Peeps I Dig" on the right).
(3) You are a friend of someone on my blogroll, and that someone can send me an e-mail to vouch for you.
(4) I have commented on your blog in the past.
(5) You have a blog that has been in existence for at least three months, has at least 12 posts, and includes pictures of yourself. If you qualify with #5, please include a link to your blog in your e-mail.
Please simply e-mail me (weezermonkey at gmail dot com) using the e-mail to which you want your Members-Only Party Blog Invitation sent. Gmail accounts work best!
If you don't meet any of the above criteria, you must prove to me that you aren't going to kill and eat me (or any of my guests). Please send me an e-mail with at least two items from the list below:
(1) Your first and last name.
(2) Your phone number, which I will call to confirm you are who you are.
(3) A link to some kind of web presence, preferably with a photo. This can be your name on your company website or some other organization. It can even be something as simple as reviews you've posted on Yelp. There needs to be some correlation with your name, though, so I can verify it's you and not some random person you found on the web.
I know this is sort of a pain (and entails that you place a bit of trust in me with your information), but I think this is the best way to ensure that we don't get any scary weirdos crashing our fun little shindig.
Dang, I was looking forward to meeting some real life cannibals! I can't believe that this life experience has been ruined for me. ;)ReplyDelete
do we get a special prize if we meet all the criteria? ;)ReplyDelete
you're freakin' hilarious! woo-hoo...I'm golden! e-mailing you right now.ReplyDelete
i guess i need not apply =)ReplyDelete
I'm loving this blogger screening process! Poor readers without web presence.. screw em'! hahaha jkReplyDelete
You are so funny. Heee!ReplyDelete
you know, you just can't be too careful.ReplyDelete
YYYeesssss... I'm GOLDEN!!!ReplyDelete
=) This post made me litterally LOL.
Awww man. I was just starting to really enjoy my cannibalism! :)ReplyDelete