Each player starts with seven random facts or habits about himself or herself. A tagged player then writes a blog entry with the seven things, as well as these rules. Then the player tags seven others and lists their names on his or her blog. Remember to leave a comment for your newly tagged players, letting them know they have been tagged and to read your blog!
Here I go:
(1) I hate cats. Why? Aside from the fact that I am deathly allergic to cats, cats have all of the opposite qualities that I look for in a friend. Cats ignore you. Cats are not loyal. Cats will eat you if you're dead. And don't even get me started on the musical.
(2) I have chronic insomnia. My husband says it's because I have a hard time shutting my brain off. Thoughts just keep running through my head constantly. I can't just picture blankness or nothingness. When I lie in bed, I often think of all the work I have to accomplish the next day. This usually doesn't result in truly restful sleep.
(3) Because of #2 above, The Butterfly Effect, a not-so-great movie featuring Ashton Kutcher and Amy Smart, literally kept me awake for two days straight. I couldn't stop thinking about what my life would be like if X happened. Or Y happened. Or Z happened. I'm insane.
(4) My 10-year college reunion is next year. I'm looking forward to it, even though I'm a total lard-ass now.
(5) Although I have visited a number of places around the world (including Australia, the Bahamas, Canada, China, Denmark, Ecuador, Finland, the Galapagos Islands, Japan, Kenya, Norway, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, and Tanzania), I have never been to our neighbor to the south, Mexico.
(6) My inseam is the same as my waist. I am a box.
(7) My Chinese zodiac sign is the Snake. My astrological sign is Aries. Snakes are allegedly philosophical, organized, intelligent, intuitive, elegant, attentive, and decisive. Snakes get along with Oxen and Roosters. (My husband is an Ox, and my brother is a Rooster!) Aries are supposed to be energetic, courageous, enthusiastic, confident, quick-witted, impatient, and quick-tempered. Aries are not compatible with Scorpios. (My husband is a Scorpio!) I don't believe in astrology, but, oddly, I think many of these adjectives do describe me. This klutz, however, is definitely not elegant! Bah to astrology!